Universal Personnel are looking for a Transport clerk/Planner to work for our client in Swan Valley. Our client is the 3rd largest supermarket in the UK and is looking to add to their transport team. The position will likely be Monday to Friday or Sunday to Thursday across a day shift working 0800 – 1600
This is a key role within a 3PL transport operation, with responsibility for the effective and timely despatch of Wincanton “White Fleet” with deliveries to various retailers and internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reports to the Closed Book Account Manager.
• Support the management of planning 8 to 10 vehicles and to check the timely despatch of deliveries to our customers and provide a first-class customer service
• Ensure all work activities carried out in accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
• Operate various transport software to manage and record vehicle activities in accordance with plans and customer requirements.
• Work collaboratively with the Warehouse Team and Vehicle Maintenance Unit in orchestrating the movement of loads and availability of vehicles and trailers.
• Provide reports to Account Manager.
• Deliver service in accordance with plans and targets set.
• Communicate with customer regarding any site issues that may impact service level.
• Deal with internal and external customers
• Interrogate plans to ensuring all work allocated to appropriate vehicles.
• Manage Driver resource, when business requires.
Skills and Abilities
• Experience within Transport operations
• Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage
• Adept at prioritising and organising workload, managing multiple and changing priorities concurrently
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent relationship building and communications skills
• High standard of administration and computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
• Team player
• High level of discretion and judgement
If interested please APPLY or call Matthew on 07789814316
Rate of Pay
£10.50 – £11.00 per hour
Job ID – Trafficclerk