We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a successful Architecture practice, for a RIBA qualified Architect based in Northampton.
This is a perm placement.
Salary £32k – £45k dependant on skill set
Hours of work Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm (although flexibility is required as working late in the week is sometimes necessary)
Main Purposes of Job:
Working on a range of projects from small scale residential projects to larger commercial schemes, and master planning. We require someone confident using AutoCAD to design exciting spaces for our clients and produce planning and building regulation drawings. As a senior member of the office, we require someone who can assist junior members of staff and be a point of reference, with a good knowledge of the RIBA stages and current building regulations.
With most of the work coming from client repeats, the company are trusted to deliver high quality schemes. This also gives us many exciting opportunities to create bespoke built solutions. As a small practice design input comes from all staff and you will have input at all stages of the design process, something that is rare in larger practices, and makes the company a unique and exciting place to work.
• Liaising with clients, carrying out site visits and surveys.
• Taking projects through the planning process, communicating with planners, clients and more to create successful schemes. Leading projects from inception to completion.
• Drafting planning and building regulation drawings in AutoCAD.
• Design leadership, assisting junior members of staff with technical drawings and being a team leader within the office.
• Full driving license
• At least two years’ experience post qualification.
• High proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup proficiency is also ideal.
• Strong design and technical detailing skills
• Excellent communication and graphical skills, confident using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Extensive knowledge of current building regulations and the planning process.
• Knowledge of UK best practice standards
• Ability to express ideas effectively, orally, graphically and in writing
• Experience in preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals
To apply contact Anna Smith or click the apply links
Rate of Pay
£32,000.00 – £45,000.00 per year
Job ID – ART2