Maintenance Engineer – Production – Nights
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading manufacturer in the food industry for a Maintenance Engineer on Night Shift.
This is a perm placement.
Salary £38,000pa – £42,000pa depending on skillset
Shift pattern temporarily is 21.30 – 06.00 Sunday to Thursday due to hours being amended because of Covid Contractual hours will be a rotating shift pattern of 12 hours shifts 4on and 4off 18.00 to 6.00
Holiday 20 days inclusive of bank holidays (due to 4on 4off)
Pension 5% employee and 3% employer
Probation period 6 months
Key Duties –
• Effectively performing electrical and mechanical maintenance of all process equipment; actively maintaining PPM schedule & internal maintenance requests.
• Focus on production start-up and continues support production throughout the course of the various shifts
• Will enable a robust handover from day shift to implement any required after production maintenance or scheduled
• Developing continuous improvements, leading/facilitating these through several departments’ projects to all areas of the business.
• Timely delivery of reactive/planned engineering maintenance across site using tools & techniques such as RCA, 6S and Kaizen etc.
• Identification and implementation of improvement ideas to achieve world-class standards relating to our KPI’s, quality and H&S measurements across the facility.
• Working on machinery/equipment such as: Industrial microwaves, gas ovens, high voltage transformers, blast freezers, slicers, hydraulic meat presses, multi-head check weighers, sealers, multivac wrapping machines, metal detectors, refrigeration plant (Ammonia/glycol)
The Ideal Candidate –
• Previous experience working in a food/beverage manufacturing environment as a multi skilled engineer is essential.
• Multi skilled in both electrical & mechanical discipline.
• Basic workshop skills.
• Ability to fault find & rectify.
• Ability to read electrical drawings.
• Good communication skills (written & verbal)
• Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards & regulations, IOSH trained desirable but not a necessity.
• 17TH Edition desirable but not a necessity.
• Fabrication skills desirable but not a necessity.
• Experience with industrial microwaves & gas ovens, high voltage is highly advantageous.
• Willingness to train & learn new skills.
• Must have flexibility in working hours & shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
• Job holder should have experience and be able to combine their knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles to support the delivery of a successful production facility.
To apply please select the apply now button or email your CV to Anna Smith – email@example.com
Rate of Pay
£38,000.00 – £42,000.00 per year
Job ID – MENIGH